Maquis Franco 2010
Chile’s top Cabernet Franc – Icon wine
The Maquis estate has unique conditions thanks to the high clay content, well drained soils and the effect of the two surrounding rivers on the temperatures that allow Cabernet Franc grapes to reach amazing concentration and elegance.
Maquis Franco represents the culmination of painstaking efforts by four generations of the Hurtado family to craft a truly exceptional wine. This majestic Cabernet Franc is outstanding for its elegance and persistence on the palate.
Maquis Franco 2010 is deep garnet color due to its age in bottle. Beautiful nose of blackberry and cassis aromas, this wine comes across as ripe and modern. In the palate it is powerful, with strong personality, combining power and finesse, very good balance, acidity and freshness. Structured but juicy.
Maquis Franco 2010
Cabernet Franc seems to be the grape that has best adapted over time to the Viña Maquis terroir. As early as in the 1930s and 40s Cabernet Franc was always the main component of the winery’s finest wines. The grapes for Maquis Franco are harvested from the heart of the property’s best blocks of Cabernet Franc and carefully selected to make very limited-production wines. At every vintage, Maquis Franco comes from the same massive selection of ungrafted Cabernet Franc blocks.
Maquis Franco has been named “Chile’s top Cabernet Franc” for the past 5 years. Awards
Maquis Franco 2010 with its compact nose of blackberry and cassis aromas, this wine comes across as ripe and modern. In the mouth, it’s round, bouncy, tannic and exuberant, but not overdone. Flavors of blackberry and fig are smooth, while the finish is rich and ready.
In 1916, the Hurtado family bought Maquis with the desire to develop a fine wine business. Today, Maquis produce and creates some of the best wines of the Colchagua Valley and the first Icon Cabernet Franc from Chile.
- 100% Single-vineyard wines, grown solely on the Maquis Estate.
- Artisanal methods preserved in the winemaking process with a sustainable approach.
- Balanced wines, in the pursuit of natural freshness and moderate alcohol level.
- Characteristic aromas that combine fresh fruit, floral and herbal notes with well integrated oak.
- Wine aged in 225L and 400L French oak barrels for 12 to 36 months depending on the wine and vintage.
- Early blending. Our master blender Eric Boissenot decides on the blends two or three months after harvest so that each blend has plenty of time to develop and gain complexity while ageing in barrels.
Maquis Franco 2010 will surprise you!
100% Cabernet Franc
|Bottle per case||