Calcu Reserva Carménère 2013
Calcu Reserva Especial Carménère comes from the hills of Marchigue. Here the breeze from the Pacific Ocean moderates the climate in the growing season. It provides broad diurnal temperatures which results in concentrated and fresh flavors in the grapes. The Reserva Especial is a full-bodied, fruity wine with elegant balance and present, but smooth tannins. 80% of the wine has aged on second and third use French oak barrels and the rest, 20%, on stainless steel tanks to ensure that the pure character of the grape is experienced.
We recommend to open this wine at least 30 minutes before enjoying it and to pair with a steak, stew, roasted vegetables or vegetarian food (try a recipe from Ottolenghi’s Flavour)
Calcu, which means “healing doctor” in the local Mapuche language. Calcu emphasizes the diversity of Chile’s Colchagua Valley. The fruit is always a combination of the family’s estate fruit, and locally sourced, sustainable grapes from quality Colchagua growers. Calcu produces exuberant wines that are fresh and fruity, but also elegant.
Enjoy our beautiful Calcu Reserva Carménère 2013!